Assigning MGT's in sample Aurora Design

Hi There,

I just generated a Aurora sample design that communicates between 2 MGT's using Coregenerator. How do I configure two specific MGT's to be used in the design (say MGT4 & MGT9). I tried to use PACE to assign I/O's of the Aurora design to the pins on the board. But, the MGT pins are disabled. (color coded:Brown and the legend:Gigabit serial) How do I assign the assign the TX signals (TX_N & TX_P) and RX (RX_N & RX_P) to the MGTs?

Thx in advance, Billu

Reply to
billu

Haven't used it for about a year but as I recall, the coregen gui controls some of it and you modify the ucf which coregen generates to do the rest.

Colin

Reply to
colin

Last time I used it, you had to choose the MGT you want among all the proposed ones ( depending on you FPGA ) by the core generator. The generation of the IP by core generator fills a ucf file for you. Just include the generated ucf content to your design ucf file.

"billu" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
sjulhes

The actual MGT pins are completely determined by the MGT location from the ucf: "INST aurora_module_i_1/lane_0_mgt_i LOC=GT_X0Y1;"

You can specify this location in the Coregen GUI as another poster mentioned or simply edit the ucf afterwards like the "Using High Speed Serial MGTs with the Aurora IP" at

does.

Don't forget to change any other per MGT constraints such as the "Phase Align Module" LOC.

Paul

billu wrote:

Reply to
Paul Hartke

You can assign MGT pins in ADEPT. Here is the web site:

HTH, Jim

Reply to
Jim Wu