Assigning MGT's in sample Aurora Design

Hi There,

I just generated a Aurora sample design that communicates between 2
MGT's using Coregenerator. How do I configure two specific MGT's to be
used in the design (say MGT4 & MGT9). I tried to use PACE to assign
I/O's of the Aurora design to the pins on the board. But, the MGT pins
are disabled. (color coded:Brown and the legend:Gigabit serial) How do
I assign the assign the TX signals (TX_N & TX_P)  and RX (RX_N & RX_P)
to the MGTs?

Thx in advance,
Billu

Re: Assigning MGT's in sample Aurora Design

Haven't used it for about a year but as I recall, the coregen gui
controls some of it and you modify the ucf which coregen generates to
do the rest.

Colin

Re: Assigning MGT's in sample Aurora Design
Last time I used it, you had to choose the MGT you want among all the
proposed ones ( depending on you FPGA ) by the core generator.
The generation of the IP by core generator fills a ucf file for you.
Just include the generated ucf content to your design ucf file.

snipped-for-privacy@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Re: Assigning MGT's in sample Aurora Design
The actual MGT pins are completely determined by the MGT location from
the ucf:
"INST aurora_module_i_1/lane_0_mgt_i LOC=GT_X0Y1;"

You can specify this location in the Coregen GUI as another poster
mentioned or simply edit the ucf afterwards like the "Using High Speed
Serial MGTs with the Aurora IP" at
http://www.xilinx.com/univ/xupv2p.html does.

Don't forget to change any other per MGT constraints such as the "Phase
Align Module" LOC.

Paul

Re: Assigning MGT's in sample Aurora Design
You can assign MGT pins in ADEPT. Here is the web site:

http://home.comcast.net/~jimwu88/tools/adept /

HTH,
Jim

Site Timeline