ASIC prototyping question for Xilinx V7 2000

(1) I need to prototype Arm A5 processor in Xilinx V7 2000 FPGA. A5 has AX I bus and Xilinx supports DDR3 Controller+AXI bus using Core gen. Thus I c an actually use the DRAM with A5 in FPGA. The thing is that in our actual ASIC, we are using different DDR3/DDR4 memroy controller that has different set of DRAM registers. From software development side I need to be able t o support these registers in Xilinx. Is it possible to modify the Xilinx C oregen generated Verilog DDR3 controller significantly? Or do I need to h ave separate wrapper between the ARM core and DDR3 memory controller on AXI bus?

(2) Also linting tools like vavlog and vaelab may not be valid for FPGA. In that case what are the RTL linting tools which we have to run for qualifyi ng ASIC RTL for FPGA

(3) I am thinking that the FPGA V72000 is big enough to support both the A5 , DDR3 memory controller and other devices such SPI, I2C and possibly PCIe. I am not sure if I need to paritition this in multiple FPGAs.

(4) Is the Chipscope still the best way to get visibility into the design a nd debug? Or is there a better solution?

(5) If I am not concerned about performance, I am not sure how much time sh ould I allocate for this type of task? Is it 3 month effort? I have done some FPGA development using both Altera and Xilinx

Prompt response is greatly appreciated.

Reply to
mike0109