ARM IP Core implementation in FPGA

Hi All,

i request some of you guys who worked or having knowledge on imlementation of ARM core with MBA bus in FPGA.Basically we are designing two FPGAs in single card with the functionality given below.

we are are trying to implement ARM926 IP core and USB2.0 IP CORE in one of the Virtex4 FPGA. Due some constraints we are planning to implement some other IP CORES in an another FPGA with ARM interface to this IPCORE via AMBA bus from the 1st FPGA. Now the issue is that if there are any signals of AMBA bus which have any latency issues if we connect the AMBA bus from one FPGA to Other FPGA with some IP core(Like PCI express and ethernet MAC).

please direct us in this issue. Feel free to ask if any other informaton is required from my side.

regards,

S.RANGA REDDY

Reply to
sudarangareddy

Hi there,

In this configuration you may find that you can only run the AHB in quite low clock frequency. AHB design require signals to be propagate within 1 cycle. If you connect the AHB across two FPGAs without breaking up the signal delay, your AHB propagation path can be very long CPU Bus interface FPGA #1 bus matrix pad circuit board delay pad FPGA #2 bus matrix AHB slaves on FPGA #2

If your company has the ARM Amba Development Kit (ADK), there should be a Synchronous 32-bit AHB-AHB bridge (1:1). That can be used to break up the delays into multiple paths.

Path 1:CPU Bus interface FPGA #1 bus matrix Ahb2Ahb, Path 2:Ahb2Ahb pad circuit board delay pad Ahb2Ahb, Path 3:Ahb2Ahb FPGA #2 bus matrix AHB slaves on FPGA #2

regards, Joseph

110 Fulbourn Road Cambridge CB1 9NJ United Kingdom

This e-mail message is intended for the addressee(s) only and may contain information that is the property of, and/or subject to a confidentiality agreement between the intended recipient(s), their organisation and/or the ARM Group of Companies. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail message, you should not read, copy, forward or otherwise distribute or further disclose the information in it; misuse of the contents of this e-mail message may violate various laws in your state, country or jurisdiction. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please contact the originator of this e-mail message via e-mail and delete all copies of this message from your computer or network, thank you. ____________________________________________________

Reply to
Joseph