Are IO buffers required?

The Xilinx software gives me the option of using or not using the IO buffers for the actual pins in which input/outputs will be connected. Does this mean that I can actually program the FPGA to not use the buffers? If so, would there be an increase in speed, since the buffer delay is no longer a problem? Thanks...

Reply to
Rob Chavan

buffers for the actual pins in which input/outputs will be connected.

buffers? If so, would there be an increase in speed, since the buffer delay is no longer a problem?

Reply to
Symon