Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ? - Page 2

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?

what
it's

I don't think you quite understand the issue.  I have tried to join Xilinx
support, but I got an email stating that I could not do that. And when I was
pissed off by that, all I got in reply from an apparently Xilinx employee at
this newsgroup was that I had to spend real money to get support from
Xilinx. Well, I spent $600 . That's real money to me.
Xilinx is way out of line in terms of customer service. And arrogant
messages on news don't shape up their apperance either.

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?
John, you just misunderstood what Austin wrote, before this thread
derailed,
"Spending Real money for a product makes you a customer (not a
student)".

That means: "Because you have spent real money, you are a customer, not
a student, and Xilinx will treat you as a real customer". Austin meant
to be positive and re-assuring.

John, I suppose we are both using a language here that is not our
native one, therefore we must be careful not to draw hot-tempered wrong
conclusions. Your interpretation of Austin's single phrase was 180
degrees out of phase with its intended meaning.

Get on your boat and enjoy the Norwegian summer !
Peter Alfke
====================

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?

If you are insulted by THIS discussion, I think you need a new job !
Somewhere else  !

ROFL ::--)))

I'm switching  to Altera, thats for sure.... Ha-ha-ha-

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?

I fyou wnat to be insulted, i can do that in Norwegian, yopu know. the land
og the Vikings ! OK here It comes (you dont wnat to get this translated,
believe me )

Hallo Austin !
 Hvorfor ha dere ikke en kundestøtte på epost !

That's about the most rude thing anyone could say to a Xilinx
employee.....If you feel insulted, i can understand that.

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?

Well, we understand Norwegian. It translates to:

"Why do you not have customer service via e-mail?"

Hilsen fra Peter Alfke

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?
http://www.xilinx.com/xlnx/xebiz/designResources/ip_product_details.jsp?key=HW-SP305-US&sGlobalNavPick=PRODUCTS&sSecondaryNavPick=BOARDS

What exactly are you trying to learn beyond what can be gleaned from
the datasheets and schematics? If you have the schematics, then you can
create the UCF. You also have the part numbers for all the board
devices, so you can download the datasheets if they aren't included.
different story, but I haven't messed with that yet)

I wrote my own UCF for the Spartan 3E "sample pack" board, which
admittedly isn't as complex as the board you have, but it's not
difficult. This was my first experience with Xilinx devices, so I had a
few problems with the UCF format (specifically, forgetting to put 'p'
in front of the pin numbers) but I was able to get a working top-level
VHDL and UCF files pretty quick.

Besides, I find going through the schematics to be helpful anyway. It
gets you familiar with the parts on the board, how they are connected,
and any limitations or gotcha's. For example, I discovered that 2 of
the 8 signal lines for MA1-DATA bus on the Spartan 3E sample pack
boards are INPUT ONLY! (Who knows what the designers were thinking when
there are exactly two unused GPIO lines left unused on the board...) I
also discovered that the upper 8 bits of the 16-bit FLASH data bus are
input-only as well.

Now that I know that, I can make better decisions about I/O mapping.

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?

http://www.xilinx.com/xlnx/xebiz/designResources/ip_product_details.jsp?key=HW-SP305-US&sGlobalNavPick=PRODUCTS&sSecondaryNavPick=BOARDS
before,
this
only
I totally agree with you ! I have gone throug all of that, but there is an
error in the schematics. And there is now way I can get support on this
issue, no email support, noe phone support.. I am totally pissed off by
Xilinx, if they dont straighten up i'll cut them lose and left them drift
away..forever.

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?

<snip>

Here is a tip : provide information and you will get information back.
Spit the dummy, and you will get ignored...

  Well, others seem able to get answers to questions ?
perhaps, you should work on your skills, and not throw the toys out
of your cot ?

  In engineering, you _are_ going to need the skill of getting
information you require, and a rant is counter-productive - or do you
not plan employment in engineering ?

and the point of that rant is what, exactly ?

If you have a specific issue, like an error in a schematic, point that
out, and it will likely be corrected.

<paste>

Xilinx are not engaged in the retail end of the market. Their customers
are designers and engineers. Walmart is a retailer.

Hmm, well, _that_ is a shocker of a web site - all froth, and no
substance.
I hope Xilinx do NOT copy that.

-jg

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?

an
drift
in
but

 I hope they do. Xilinx  now is all substance, but no front......

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?

an

Lucky you ! Thats the E-mail Im looking for , can you discover this secret
"suopprt-mail-adress", or is it classified ? Like the aliens at AERA-51 ?
Powered på chips from Xilinx ? Ha-ha-ha-ha.

One should not mess with stuff like that..

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?
John

What are your requirements for a board? We can match the XC3S1500 on a
number of our products just a question of what else you want on board.
Have a look at our University Access program for discounts etc. Click
the big green square on top right of our root page for details or
directly at http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/uap/uap.html .

John Adair
Enterpoint Ltd.

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?
Commercial advertising are still banned on news, right ?

few
! It
masters

Site Timeline