Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?

Seemed like a good deal, but the board was only around for purchase a few
months, so I guess there aren't to many  around ? Thats a shame, really ! It
is as far as I can tell a good board, It has a good  an powerfull FPGA;
Spartan 3-1500 and enough power to fullfill the requirements of my masters
degree.  But the board are no longer available ? I was kind'a hoping
draining knowledge from other users of this board...

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?

Have you tried searching on the Xilinx website. I was able to find:

http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards/sp305/reference_designs.htm
http://www.xilinx.com/xlnx/xebiz/designResources/ip_product_details.jsp?key=HW-SP305-US&sGlobalNavPick=PRODUCTS&sSecondaryNavPick=BOARDS

Between the two, there are reference designs (with working UCF files),
schematics, and a user guide.

-Seth

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?

few

http://www.xilinx.com/xlnx/xebiz/designResources/ip_product_details.jsp?key=HW-SP305-US&sGlobalNavPick=PRODUCTS&sSecondaryNavPick=BOARDS

Thanks for the tips, I will check it out. It seems kind'a strange to me
though that Xilinx is discontinuing this board after a few months on the
market ?  Why is that ?

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?

http://www.xilinx.com/xlnx/xebiz/designResources/ip_product_details.jsp?key=HW-SP305-US&sGlobalNavPick=PRODUCTS&sSecondaryNavPick=BOARDS

Well, I've checked  it out now, and I have downloaded all this stuff before,
so nothing new. In fact, I had to make my own  "master" UCF-file for this
board. Maybe there are some hidden treasures in the EDK files, but I'm only
using ISE.

And Xilinx does not offer any customer support either.

Not a good way to treat future customers.

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?
John,

It is listed as out of stock.

How does that equate to discontinued?

I think I missed something.

Austin

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?

The board is listed as "no longer available".

So you missed something, yes ! A fundamental knowledge of the english
language....

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?
What about the ML401.  It's about the same price.  You get a Virtex 4
instead of the Spartan 3.  The peripherals look about the same.  The
LX25 is a little smaller than the S3-1500, but not tons smaller and
it's still supported by webpack.

-Arlen

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?

Ok, but my point is that
1: Xilinx does not offer any customer support.
2: Xilinx does not offer any customer support.
3: Xilinx does not offer any customer support.

I'ts impossiblle to get hold of the guys ! Even simple guestion !
NO saupport e-mail. NO support phone ? What am I supposed to do ?
Write a letter to Georg Dobbeltv Busk ?

Maybe thats a good idea ! That way I can tell him what a crappy ambassador
he has sent us !
I want the old one back. He understood the close relatisonship between our
to nations. The new one, with his speaches about chosing sides, will only
feed the left wing and communists. USA should never need to question our
loyalti, but when the US ambassador does that in a public speech, I feel
hurt, and I know most Norwegians does. Thats why I call him a fool.

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?
Vi her i Norge vil kanskje ikke tro det, men for å få lov til å poste dette
måte jeg fjerne den amerikanske presidentens navn fra teksten....ikke sensur
på news  ???

Lev i drømmeland, dustenerder !

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?

I would suggest that you try http://support.xilinx.com Right at the
top you will see a tab labeled "Contact Support" where you can follow
the links to file a WebCase on your issue or to get the phone number
for technical support as well.

In additional to our official support channels we also monitored this
newsgroup for issues.  To claim that Xilinx does not offer any customer
support is a bit of hyperbole.

Ed McGettigan
--
Xilinx Inc.

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?

No, it's not. I have tried to register with Xilinx support, but I got a
reply that stated that since I was not an employe , but only a student, I
could not get direct support.

May be there is some part of  "You can not join" that I did not understand ?

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?
John,

Students are being supported through the webcase email system, as our
agreement with a university for support of students expired, and no one
wanted to continue to provide student support.

Seems that universities are equally challenged to do things for free.

Since we do recognize and appreciate students using Xilinx parts, we
chose to provide support through email webcase.

No phones for students (what I was told, but maybe that changed.  I'll
get corrected if I'm wrong).  Sorry.  Phone calls cost money.  Emails
are much more efficient.

Austin

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?

Xilinx can't be that stupid, so I am still looking for a support e.mail
adress for students.

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?
Well, Mr. Mcgettigan, I hope you will come up with an e-mail  to someone who
can give me som answers about HARDWARE issues on the SP305-board itself .
Thats all I ask for.

It's 4:00 saturday morning here now, so I'm turning in. I have a nice day
ahead of me, no clouds and
80 F +. I have no boat, I'm sorry to say, but I migt take a trip out to one
one the local islands here i Oslofjorden, and just relax.

Have a nice weekend !

PS.
Give me best regards to Austin as well.
DS.

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?

Well, Austin deare, I did not  meen to be rude, but when I buy hardware for
about $400, it would be very nice to have an e-mail address to post simple
questions, an get some answers to. Thats not to much to ask for.

It's kind'a like the ultimatium the US ambassador in Norway has given us:
Either you are with us, or you are against us ! (He IS a fool !)

I would not put it quite like that, I would say; I you dont offer propper
support, you will loose me as a customer. Maybe you'll regret that some
time. Remenber the first days of   The Beatles ?

I'll always manage. I'll just switch to one of Xilinxs competitors.

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?
Spending Real money for a product makes you a customer (not a student).

As such, open a webcase.

It really isn't that hard, is it?

We only get tens of thousands of cases opened each month.

Austin

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?

 Well, $400 is real money for me, I guess like $400 000 is real money for
you ?
Im Sorry, I dont have that kind of money....

If you dont wish to support individual customers,you should not engage in
the retail end of the market. Its as simple as that-you make great chips but
you dont understand the retail business.

I expect to see some improvement in your coustumers service soon.
here is an example of what your homepage should looke like :

http://www.msi.com.tw /

Youve got a long way to go, miss Lesea.

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?
John,

I have taken a new direction:  when insulted, ignored, and railed
against unjustly when all I offered was help,  I press "ignore" so that
I never have to experience your unhappy existence, again.  I can not
solve all the world's problems, and I must accept there are those who
are so intent on being miserable, and causing others pain, that I can
have no positive influence whatsoever.

Good luck.

(Mr) Austin Lesea

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?

All I want is a customer service that works. Why are you attacking me ? When
I discover en error in one of your products, and there is no way what so
ever tha I can get in touch with you, I gett pissed off !  You must have
some sort of customer service, anything else is just stupid..

Re: Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?

http://www.xilinx.com
Click on 'Support'
Click on 'WebCase' (scroll down a bit to see it)
Login and enter your complaint.

If you're going to spit the dummy over the fact you have to use a web
browser instead of an email client, well.. grow up.

Also, as someone else said, if you don't supply any useful information it's
impossible to help you.