Anyone have files from the old Xilinx FTP?

Hi all,

Looking for someone who has FTP files from 1997 for the XACT Foundation v6.0.2 update.

Web Archive has the files listed here:

Anyone capture these files?

Thanks.

Reply to
Tim Regeant

I don't have those files but have you asked Xilinx? I find FPGA companies are fairly good about providing old versions of their software. For example, last year Lattice provided ispLEVER 5.1 when I asked, just so we could try to recreate an old CPLD which used that specific version. It took some time but eventually they did provide that exact version.

Reply to
Anssi Saari

I seem to recall that I had copied of XACT from around that time frame and sent them to someone. I boxed up the several boxes of software (possibly o n floppy?) and shipped them out. If that person is still posting in this g roup perhaps he could help you?

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Yes, I talked to Xilinx. They said they didn't keep any of the software updates, just the base versions of their software. They were very nice and helpful, but just didn't keep the files. Seems strange to me for a corporation to discard intellectual property, but I believe them. Stranger things have happened.

Luckily, they put the service packs updates on their APPLINX CDs from the time. I was able to find an ISO image of one from 1997 and it has the Foundation service pack files.

Now I just need to find XABEL-CPLD from 1997...Anyone have that CD? Xilinx kept no copies according to them.

Reply to
Tim Regeant

That was me Rick. I still have the CDs if anyone needs images of them. The Foundation update I was looking for was pre-M1.3 which is the earliest of the ones you sent me. M1.3 and M1.4 support the chips I use, but was looking to complete the last Foundation series updates before the "M" series.

Still need to find XABEL-CPLD which was only released on CD and supported the XC7000 series of chips. Xilinx tells me they have kept no copies of this legacy software!

Reply to
Tim Regeant

and sent them to someone. I boxed up the several boxes of software (possib ly on floppy?) and shipped them out. If that person is still posting in th is group perhaps he could help you?

Oh, well great then. I hope you got some use of these packages. I also do n't recall, did I send you a dongle with them? I recall there was a rather simple anti-theft dongle that could easily be duplicated if needed.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit