[ANN] FPGAOptim - Do you know where your slices are going...?

Hi all,

I now have the opportunity to make available to the wider world an internal tool I developed to focus my area-optimisation efforts. It simply displays the hierarchy of your design, sorted by total LUT count (or flipflop count, number of rams, multipliers etc.). There are various text-based tools around (indeed this started out as one) but I found the interactive ability to navigate the design from a GUI more useful.

You can read more and get the installer from:

Cheers, Martin

--
martin.j.thompson@trw.com
http://www.conekt.net/electronics.html

Is it based on Andreas Ehliar's xdlanalyze Perl script?

Thanks, /Mikhail

Reply to
MM

No, Andreas announced the availability of his script just about the time I was working on the first text-mode version of this tool (which was called xdlanalyse at the time!)

Cheers, Martin

--
martin.j.thompson@trw.com
http://www.conekt.net/electronics.html
Reply to
Martin Thompson

Anyone who downloaded this utility and is experiencing crashes on large designs, please download a new installer from the same location, or send me a mail if you need the link again. I've fixed a bug which was crashing the tree viewer - sorry about that!

Cheers, Martin

--
martin.j.thompson@trw.com
http://www.conekt.net/electronics.html
Reply to
Martin Thompson

Hi Martin,

Any plan for an open-source Linux version ?

Cheers,

Laurent Pinchart

Reply to
Laurent Pinchart

There may be a Linux version, you are the third person to ask (four including me).

There are no plans to open-source it though - would that matter to people?

Cheers, Martin

--
martin.j.thompson@trw.com
http://www.conekt.net/electronics.html
Reply to
Martin Thompson

I think it would, yes. That kind of niche product is obviously useful for a very limited set of people, and the ability to fine-tune the software and add very specific functionalities then matters.

Cheers,

Laurent Pinchart

Reply to
Laurent Pinchart