An FPGA eval board at $49!!

Hi gang, Future electronics is offering Altera Cyclone/Nios-II Evaluation Kit for $49. What do other have to say about this deal.

Neo

I would prefer Avnet's Spartan 3E board for $69 :)

Antti

"Neo" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Antti Lukats

I 'm not able to find this board on futureelectronics website, do you have a product reference or so?

"Neo" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Mouarf

Its listed alright, its on the right side of the page.

Reply to
Neo

thanks, I've forgotten my eyes in my bed this morning!

"Neo" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Mouarf

Hi,

I would prefer a board with external RAM (DDR or SRAM). For the very first step this board might be enough, but not for the second step :)

regards, Benjamin

Reply to
Benjamin Menküc

I might have missed it, but no details on features?

Reply to
Ziggy

Definitely, with short traces and lots of capacity. While we're doing the wishlist: Altera, *please* include support the the EP2S35 Stratix II in the WebPack.

Tommy

Reply to
Tommy Thorn

SRAM?

I got one. There are two unpopulated spots labeled "CY7C1041CV33" which is a 4Mb (256Kx16) async SRAM.

It came with the ByteBlaster II Parallel Port download cable, 9- and

25-pin serial cables, a 9V 500mA "wall-wart" supply and a CD-ROM with Quartus-II Web edition.

At $49.00 I can guarantee Altera is giving these things away to win new design-ins.

The manufacturer is "Axiom Manufacturing" at

but you won't see this product on their website as it is private labeled for Future Electronics.

Reply to
Gabor