Amontec chameleon

Hello Amontec, Larry,

Spefically for you, since I did not get any reposone from the Amontec site!

Could you explain the features of the chameleon. How does it work ? Can it be configured to work with any debug connection. Specifically I want to debug a MPC8241 (COP connector) and possibly a TriCore controller. How will the chameleon help here..

It has DB-25 parallel ports on both sides (I - O ) , how is the debug-port (like COP) to be connected ?

Kind Regards, Ravishankar

Reply to
Ravishankar S

Since you havent got a reply from Larry let me answer you:

with chameleon you can either use existing configurations, or you can create your own LPT-ADAPTER if you know the function-schematic.

just create the project with ISE, as output generate XSVF with OLD version of XSVF tool !! rename the file to .ASVF then you can use amontec tool to reconfire chameleon.

or if you have modified XSVF player then you can use latest version of XSVF also.

have fun!

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Hi Antti,

I must come back to you at a later as I dont understand many extentions and applications here. Why is it called a "player"..? and what are these file formats..?

If i understand right, the on the device side DB-25 we have to connect a cable with the header to the debug port (BDM,JTAG etc). And programming the device through the Parallel Port reconfigures the device side DB-25..

Kind Regards, Ravishnkar

site!

it

will