Altera Talkback

I have the full license for Quartus and can't compile a simple project targeting the GX device until I enable the talkback feature. What gives? Suppose the PC is not on the internet, you can't use the GX parts? Is this stupid or what? I would expect this sort of thing from the free tools. Get rid of the spyware.

Reply to
lecroy7200

Try it and see. Section 9 of the License Agreement says that it stores the xml files on disk in that case. It doesn't say it stops working.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

Altera would like to track customers using Stratix II GX to ensure we provide the latest updates on documentation. Altera is also making significant enhancements to the Stratix II GX functionality with each Quartus II release - therefore knowing which customers are designing with this family ensures we can highlight these important updates.

This can either be done by requesting a license file through the FAE (which can take a day or 2) or by enabling TalkBack (which is immediate).

Details on TalkBack (i.e. it is off by default in subscription products, it does not forward designs, and designers can view the exact XML information at any time) are provided at

Dave Greenfield Altera

Mike Treseler wrote:

Reply to
Dave Greenfield