ALTERA SOPC : ptf-sopc files

Hi all,

SOPC version 7.1 and later use a new XML file format .sopc for storing system design data instead PTF format For PTF format a "SOPC Builder PTF File" reference manual (december

2003) was available. I don't find an reference manual for .sopc.

In "Avalon Memory-Mapped Interface Specification" readdata, writedata and data signals are 1-1024 bits width. In "SOPC Builder PTF File" reference manual" Data_Width assignment allowed values are 8,16,32 (slaves) and 16,32 (masters). What about data signals greater than 32 ?

Thanks for your help,

Charles

Reply to
Charles Wagner

I doubt that you will find such a manual either, although you could post a question to Altera about it. Even the "SOPC Builder PTF File reference manual" disappeared off of their web site several years back, long before their even was a new file format and .PTF files were the only file format used by SOPC. That manual was incredibly useful when you're developing SOPC components, and difficult to develop sophisticated components without it. For whatever reason Altera chose to remove useful info from developers. I chose to stop using SOPC Builder (for various reasons in addition to this action).

Data widths greater than 32 weren't supported back then.

Kevin Jennings

Reply to
KJ