[Altera/Quartus] Tools to regenerate block schematics from .vhd files

I am kind of new to FPGA design and I have to understand a circuit given as a set of hierarchical .vhd files (top level and two-three lower levels), but it would be kind of nice to see it layed out on a piece of paper... Is there a tool to generate schematics from vhd files to visualize vhd?

Reply to
Pszemol

As I understood it, the schematic approach and the VHDL approach are not necessarily equivalent. Meaning not every line of code can be shown as schematic. Eg statemachines are supposed not to be displayable in schematics.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Reply to
Fredrik

This is the only thing I want right now.

I have version 3, so I guess I need to request an upgrade. Thanks.

Reply to
Pszemol

RTL viewer is available with the full version of the Quartus II version 4.0 software. For details on RTL viewer, check the Quartus II Handbook chapter

Regards, Seshan Altera Corp.

Reply to
sesh67