ALTERA quartus II 5.0sp1 web edition can't program MAXII: error code 84

Hi group, I am trying to download the design compiled with quartus II 5.0sp1 web edition into MAX II chip EPM1270T144C5. However, quartus programmer complained "Error: Unexpected error in JTAG server -- error code 84" I used the same MAXII board, cable (JTAG from parallel port) and computer days ago with quartus II 4.2 web edition and had no problem to download. Unfortunately I deleted quartus 4.2 web edition. Can anybody tell me what this error code 84 is? I googled but get no answer. Thank you!

vax, 9000

Reply to
VAX9000

It's possible that the driver was improperly installed/uninstalled by the installer. Try running 'bblpt /r' followed by 'bblpt /i' from the quartus\drivers\i386 directory.

Hope this helps, Subroto Datta Altera Corp.

Reply to
Subroto Datta

Thank you. It must be this problem. I deleted my printer, and downloaded a new copy and it now works. That was before I saw your answer so I didn't run the bblpt command.

vax, 9000

Reply to
VAX9000