Altera Quartus II 4.1 double-click on QPF-File doesn't work

If I try to start my Quartus-Project by double-click on the QPF-File an error-window pops up. I found the mistake: in the path to start quartus there are / instead of \ (I'm using Windows not Linux!). If I change the Link, the double-click will work one time, thereafter Quartus seems to changes the Link again to the wrong one :-(

Can someone help?

Thanks, Manfred

Reply to
Manfred Balik

Hi Manfred,

Can you elaborate some more. When you say there is a Link, where is the link and how did your create it? I have the following entries for my environment variables

PATH %QUARTUS_ROOTDIR%\bin; QUARTUS_ROOTDIR D:\quartus41

I have been double clicking on qpf's and launching Quartus II 4.1 without any problems. Also the Quartus II shortcut on my desktop points to D:\quartus41\bin\quartus.exe.

You can send me email to pursue this further.

Subroto Datta Altera Corp.

Reply to
Subroto Datta

Followup to: By author: snipped-for-privacy@altera.com (Subroto Datta) In newsgroup: comp.arch.fpga

I've seen this same problem. If I clock on the .qpf file it tries to open the wrong application; trying to change which application is bound to this extension shows a list of applications which doesn't include Quartus; specifying the Quartus path directly via the browse interface doesn't work either.

This is with WinXP SP2 (spit.)

-hpa

Reply to
H. Peter Anvin

Hi Peter,

Manfred did help us in identifying this problem. It had to do with the usage of forward slashes in paths being used to register the association of extensions. This problem has been fixed in the next version of Quartus which will be released later this year.

Hope this helps, Subroto Datta Altera Corp.

Reply to
Subroto Datta