Altera programming problem

In laboratory I have few boards with Altera Flex600. Boards are connected with PC using ByteBlaster. On PC I have Win98 OS. On the all PC is the same software. Problem is that on some computers after configuring ALTERA device after some time (sometimes very short) project in Altera is deleteted. How to solve that problems without disconnecting ByteBlaster after programming?

Jaroslaw Guzinski

Reply to
Jaroslaw Guzinski

We had a similar problem some time ago. We suspected the PC pokes the printer port every so often (something to do with polling peripherals??), causing the nStatus line to reset.

We much reduced the problem by removing the LPT1 entry in the PCs device list, so that the PC doesn't know there is a printer port. YOu could also try adding a toggle switch on the nStatus line betweeh the ByteBlaster and the target.

Reply to
ted

I assume this means the downloaded image is corrupted.

Sounds like a intermittent connection on the ByteBlaster or PC connector.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

Thanks, I will try to remove LPT port from device list. In our Byte Blaster I have that switch but it is a little "unelegant" solution.

Jaroslaw Guzinski

Reply to
Jaroslaw Guzinski

I have removed th LPT port from device list but then I can not programing in Max+PlusII. PC doesnt see LPT port but Max+PlusII also doesnt se it.

Jaroslaw Guzinski

Reply to
Jaroslaw Guzinski