Altera PowerPlay Early Power Estimator Spreadsheet and MXCOMCT2.OCX

Altera claims to have a snazzy early power estimator that needs MXCOMCT2.OCX. I wonder if anyone has managed to get this solution to work? I spreadsheet works (did not have to use the fix) on my personal laptop but does not work (fix does not help) on my work machine. I downloaded the OCX file as instructed but that didn't help.

So I filed a case with Altera Online Support. But those guys pretty much told me go and figure it out myself. I would reserve my gripes about the support in a raging debate going on in a separate thread about the price of the tools, support, etc. But I am more eager to make the spreadsheet work. So I would appreciate the help if anyone can share if and how they managed to get the fix to work.

Thank you. Best regards, Sanjay

Reply to
fpgabuilder

Hi Sanjay,

The Early Power Estimator requires Excel 2002 or higher, and I believe this error is due to using an older version of Excel that doesn't provide all the hooks the EPE needs. I suggest trying the EPE with a more recent version of Excel.

Regards,

Vaughn Altera

Reply to
vaughnbetz