Altera FIR compiler

Hello,

I am trying to use altera FIR compiler to design a root raised cosine filter for a DVB transmitter of HDTV.

However, the FIR coeficients are slightly diferent than the coeficients I am generating with a mathematical package. Does anyone knows if this really matters ?

One more thing : I have several diferent symbol rates to produce my symbols. Should these diferent symbol rates affect my filter design ? Does anyone knows how to reload the coeficients of a FIR compiled with an altera FIR compiler ( since I will have diferent filter for diferent configurations of rool off = 0,20 0,25, and 0,35 and for diferent symbol rates ) ?

Thanks in advance, mel

Reply to
mel