Altera cyclone circuit board indicator

I wish to connect a LED to the CONF_DONE pin of a cyclone FPGA to indicate when configuration has been completed.

The CONF_DONE pin is an open collector pin that is pulled high via a 10K resistor when configuration is completed.

Do I connect my circuit board indicator to ground (through another resistor) or should I connect it to the power rail?

Thanks Ben

Reply to
Ben Popoola

Another idea which I just used on a cyclone design .. i put a small smt led from the NCEO pin to ground via a 220 resistor, the led flashes when power is first applied during configuration, if the led remains on there is a problem. I like this particularly for multiple cyclones loading from one flash device since each cyclone can have it's own led beside the chip indicating which cyclone did not configure instead of using the conf_done pins because these are tied together for a multiple cyclone string and cannot point to the chip.

Reply to
Khim Bittle

This sounds like a reasonable alternative solution but I would like the indicator to come on after configuration.

Reply to
Ben Popoola