Altera Cubic Cyclonium

This would make a nice toy for the desktop:

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

Hi Leon,

Yes, it does. It makes a great clock or stock ticker when not being used to try out a design. Very snazzy.

Paul Leventis Altera Corp.

Reply to
Paul Leventis (at home)
9CEAEF45711A00B5C48B89E2 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I haven't seen the docs > Hi Leon,

Ray Andraka

Any documentation about this thing available without buying it ??

Antti PS I have NIOS II working in APEX 1K30 (using my own NIOS II compatible IP Core)

Reply to
Antti Lukats

I may be slow today, but the web site doesn't seem to have any details about this thing or a large picture. I assume it has some IO other than a USB cable? Does it light up? Can you shake it and watch the snow fall?

Reply to
Jeff Cunningham

It has a 168 LED matrix display, which for the ALtera demo app alternates between time and a scrolling date with the month spelled out. The demo also supports using the display for a stock ticker, and another load uses it for a pong game.

The board also has a VGA connector and has a VGA DAC on it so that it can drive a VGA monitor. The demo has an altera logo with a cube of dots that rotates around in

3 dimensions on the VGA display. There is also a usb connector and 10 user pins on a 0.10" two row header. The board is cast into a solid block of acrylic (I understand it was quite the engineering feat to do that alone). Sorry, no snowflakes, unless you program the display to simulate snow flakes. The LEDs are red surface mount devices.

Jeff Cunn> I may be slow today, but the web site doesn't seem to have any details

--

--Ray Andraka, P.E. President, the Andraka Consulting Group, Inc.

401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950 email snipped-for-privacy@andraka.com

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Reply to
Ray Andraka