Altera chip identification

hello all,

it is not a question concerning FPGA but I could get the answer here:

from old devices that went to trash I get two EPM7032VLC44-15 and I would like to reuse them to build my own very low cost first protoboard for developping wih VHDL.

It sounds like ALtera CPLD but I do not find the meaning of VLC, is it a low voltage version (3.3V)?

Is it a REprogrammable device?

Thanks by avance for your help.

Reply to
Fab

It's an obsolete CPLD, you should be able to find data for it on the Altera web site. However, it doesn't seem to be supported by the current Altera development software. You's be better off buying some more up-to-date devices from the MAX 7000 family. They aren't expensive.

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

I have tried the same with some old 7032's but the ones i have cant be programmed by JTAG , and a programmer costs $300. That was the end of my project with the 7032's (@ltera does make som S versions that be programmed with jtag , but im not sure any of the 44 pins can)

Bottom line make sure that you can program them with the cheap jtag cable before going further.

I ended up buying a xilinx cpld kit.

Carsten

Reply to
Carsten

thank you for your answers I'll try with new components.

"Carsten" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Fab

A new device of this size is in the order of 4$. Have a look at the MAX3064, a 3.3V replacement.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar