After reset, the PC register of PPC is not back to 0Xfffffffc

Hi, All,

I built a PowerPC system on Xilinx ML410 board (Virtex4 fx60), the system contains 64K OCM instruction memory and 64K PLB data memory. I used XMD to debug the system via the jtagppc, when I reset the system, the PC register went back to a address like "0Xfffff048". But according to the PPC manual, after reset, the PC should be "0Xfffffffc". Does anyone met the similar problem before?

regards, louis

Reply to
louis

How did you perform the reset? Do you have a software program that you're actively trying to debug and have already "downloaded" onto the FPGA via the JTAGPPC? If so, your debugger may be seeing the start of the application as 0xfffff048 instead of 0xfffffffc.

Reply to
morphiend

Hi, morphiend, I downloaded the bit file onto the FGPA, then used XMD to debug the system via the JTAGPPC. The "reset" I said is to type the "rst" command in the XMD. From Xilinx doc, after reset, the PC register should be back to

0xfffffffc, but why is 0xfffff048? Is this correct? Could you please give more hints? Thanks a lot louis
Reply to
louis