Active modular implementation of modules created with the generate statement

Hello,

I have created a modular design in VHDL which required 200 instances of the same module using the generate statement.

I am designing for a Xilinx II FPGA and am trying to use the modular design flow.

When I come to the Active Modular Implementation phase for the module that I implement 200 times I get NGDBuild error 560 saying that there are 200 active blocks (I assume that it is only expecting 1 active block).

The options that I use with the NGDBuil command are -u, -uc and

-modular module -active

If anyone knows of any addition options I need to specify or even that I can't use the generate statement and have to create 200 separate modules then I would be very greatful for their help.

Thanks very much, Nicky

Reply to
Nicky