Active-HDL/Xilinx Core FIFO Gen Sim Problem

Hi there, I'm using Xilinx 10.1(nt) K.31, and Aldec Active-HDL 8.1 (student). I used Aldec's design flow tools to implement a Coregen FIFO, and am using a recent, manufacturer-compiled version of XilinxCoreLib. The project (3 files: my vhdl, the fifo_generator vhdl and the fifo_gen .edn) compiles just fine, but when I go to simulate in Waveform Editor, the part responds "dumb" (all outputs and internal signals floating, no matter the input), and I get the following warnings:

# ELBREAD: Warning: Library fifo_generator_v4_3_fifo_generator_v4_3_xst_1_lib not found. # ELBREAD: Warning: Design unit fifo_generator_v4_3_fifo_generator_v4_3_xst_1 instantiated in corefifo_test.fifo_generator_v4_3(fifo_generator_v4_3) not found in searched libraries: corefifo_test, fifo_generator_v4_3_fifo_generator_v4_3_xst_1_lib. # ELBREAD: Warning: Component /fifo1/BU2 : fifo_generator_v4_3_fifo_generator_v4_3_xst_1 not bound. # ELBREAD: Warning: Design unit GND instantiated in corefifo_test.fifo_generator_v4_3(fifo_generator_v4_3) not found in searched libraries: corefifo_test, spartan3a. # ELBREAD: Warning: Component /fifo1/GND : GND not bound.

I've checked what exists in my XilinxCoreLib, and I've got all the following: fifo_generator_v4_3 fifo_generator_v4_3_bhv_as fifo_generator_v4_3_bhv_preload0 fifo_generator_v4_3_bhv_ss fifo_generator_v4_3_xst

So I know that the xst source exists, and is compiled into the library.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to
roleohibachi

1 - First, you must download the 10.1 libraries for Aldec 8.1, not the newest verion of the Xilinx libraries since they probably are for version ISE 13.1. Make sure you do not download libraries for Aldec 8.3 either.

2 - If you go in the library manager in Active-HDL, check the different Xilinx libraries and you should be able to see what version of the fifo generator you have. For example, check unisim or Xilinxcorelib, names similar to that.

3 - There is a global library file somewhere for Aldec, don't remember where exactly, but if your library is missing in the library manager, you need to add this library to the global library file.
Reply to
Benjamin Couillard

Thanks for your help. Turns out, all the libraries were spot-on, and it did= n't make a difference whether it was attached globally or locally.=20 Called Aldec, took an hour. Made a newbie mistake. Here's the details, for = anyone with the same problem later: I was including the EDIF (.edn) file in the compilation. The EDIF is for sk= ipping synthesis and has nothing to do with compiling. It was automatically= generated by the CoreGen Wizard, and I had just assumed it was a dependenc= y for the FIFO. The compiler was allowing it, but in elaboration, it barfed= . All I had to do was exclude the .edn file from compilation, and everythin= g worked.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Michael Seery