Active HDL Generic Controls

I am working with Active HDL and I'm pretty sure in the past I was able to set generics at the top level from within the simulator. I see in the Design, Settings dialog box they have a Simulation, Generic/Parameters choice which looks like it should display design generics, but I can't see them. The help file talks about editing these items, but I see no editing controls either.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

--

Rick C
Reply to

Not a clue, I'm about to install MyDHL on a virtual Windows 7 PC that is used to work with FPGAs, it's the final piece of software before I declare the image finished, I will have one with Lattice Diamond, and a second one with Xilinx Vivado.

I wish that Lattice had more powerful inexpensive board, but they go from $43 for the Brevia2 to very expensive boards, It would be nice to just have one development system.

--
Cecil - k5nwa
Reply to

What would you like to see on the board?

--

Rick C
Reply to

A little bigger FPGA, the current one is the smallest in the family so it can have more internal RAM and in some CPUs more LUTs doesn't hurt,

32 bit wide fast external static RAM.

Mind you, the Brevia2 you is a very nice board for $43, the device has a few DSP slices, instant on, built in hard devices, SIO, I2C, and a timer/PWM device, 128KB of 8 bit wide external SRAM, you can implement simple and not so simple Stack based CPUs, but the built in RAM is kind of thin, and the external RAM is only 8 bits wide so it makes things messy if you need more RAM.

You can get some nice deals from China but they are Xilinx or Altera boards, I was looking and there are some nice and fast RAM chips that are 16 wide, two of them and you have 32 bit SRAM, so later a plug in board might be handy, and might be something I could sell. But right now I have too many things going on to tackle that project. There is one good deal from Xilinx that you don't have to buy from China, the Arty, using the Artix7 chip, 20K LUTs so it can handle more complex projects,

240KB of internal RAM, and 256MB of 16 bit wide DDR3 RAM, 450MHz internal speed for $99
--
Cecil - k5nwa
Reply to

I'm not clear on your response. The only thing you would like to see is a larger FPGA and faster, wider RAM?

--

Rick C
Reply to

Yes, although the Brevia2 is not slow, but 32bit fast SRAM and a larger FPGA version of it would be great if available for a reasonable price.

Now in case the "Wish Fairy" is listening I would not mind a brand new Forrester, and a 50" 4K monitor.

--
Cecil - k5nwa
Reply to