Actel Fusion

Anyone an idea about the availability and pricing of their starter kit. The new Fusion line looks very interesting. Almost all needed stuff on-chip - I'm only missing some larger SRAM for microprocessor applications.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Schoeberl

"Martin Schoeberl" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:43b42229$0$11352$ snipped-for-privacy@tunews.univie.ac.at...

399 EUR, I already ordered it

antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

I agree.

Can anybody clarify its partial reconfiguration abilities (or lack thereof)? The only clear statement I could find wasn't from Actel: "In addition, Fusion chips will be run-time reconfigurable, capable of reprogramming some of their functions as often as every clock cycle."

The datasheet talks about the "Flash Memory Blocks", but I can't tell if this includes the configuration data or if it is strictly user data.

If this is where the configuration data resides, that's great

-- the FMB's are internally accessible through a pretty decent interface (very ICAP-like).

If not, then:

  1. Do you have to completely blank the device in order to change any part of the lut/routing configuration [like Altera]?
  2. Can you alter the configuration data from within the device (ie without the JTAG port) [like Xilinx]?
  3. Can you reconfigure on a cell granularity [like Atmel]?
Reply to
Javier Lopez