Accessing SATA hard disk for read/write IO through FPGA in an embedded environment

Hi there, I have been posting these messages to all relevant groups to get more help on the subject topic. So far I have received very good help and links. Here is the problem statement. I have an FPGA board with Spartan3-1000 on it connected with a SATA controller. The SATA controller can be hooked up with a SATA storate device. There is A/D on the board connected to the FPGA. THis makes my realtime, embedded data acquisition system. I need to store the sampled data on the hard disk and later on read it back for post analysis. For that, I need to implement a FAT file system inside FPGA. Can anyone guide me how to implement this on FPGA? I dont need complex FATs like FAT32/FAT16 etc, I am ok with a simple one like one used in digital cameras where the files are automatically named. I have been exploring microblaze and ucLinux for this but still haven't got a grip on it. Can anyone suggest how to get going with it quickly?

Thanks Farhan

Reply to
sheikh.m.farhan

Do you have enough FPGA resources for a processor?

If so, I had success with FatFS ...

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall, Engineer