ac97 codec on xupv2p

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the ac97 codec on the virtex-ii pro development system for a project. The ac97 codec is attached to the base system as "MYIP", and I see the driver is developed by BYU. Anyhow, I wrote a small program that outputs a sound file just to test the codec. It seems to me that for every function call I made to the ac97_l.h file, the program failed at that point. For example,

printf("calling init audio...\n"); XAC97_InitAudio(XPAR_AUDIO_CODEC_BASEADDR, 0); printf("init audio done\n");

The second printf was never reached. I also added a printf statement at the beginning of XAC97_InitAudio() function, but it never showed on the screen. I assumed this function was never entered. I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact it is attached as "MYIP". Has anyone worked with the audio codec on the board before? If anyone can point me out what I've done wrong, I'd really appreciate it!

-Eric

Reply to
Eric