About Altera FPGA Board

There are three sets of holes for accessing signal I/O pins on the
altera fpga board ...they are flex_expan_A,B and C on the Altera FPGA
board. I don't understand the table that shows all the hole number and
the signal/pin connection in  flex_expan_A, can anyone explain about
that? Thank you very much!!
Laura

Re: About Altera FPGA Board
Hi Laura,

Could you please post the product id or name and manufacturer of the
board you are using?  There are a lot of Altera FPGA boards floating
around.

Regards,

Paul Leventis
Altera Corp.

Re: About Altera FPGA Board
Hi Laura,

Could you please post the product id or name and manufacturer of the
board you are using?  There are a lot of Altera FPGA boards floating
around.

Regards,

Paul Leventis
Altera Corp.

Re: About Altera FPGA Board
Hi  Paul Leventis,
My Altera FPGA boards is UP2 development kit-programmable logic for
education, with MAX EPM7128S &FLEX 10K EPF10K70 devices.
Thanks!!
Laura

Paul Leventis E5%AFAB%E981%93EF%BC9A%

Re: About Altera FPGA Board

Look at the board: there all pins of the FLEX_EXPAN_X pin rows are
numbered. (Only the numbers for pin 1,2 and 59,60 are printed. This is
the one row on the FLEX_EXPAN_X tables. The other row gives the internal
pin number of the FDGA. If you make pin assignments, this internal pin
number has to be used.

Ralf

Re: About Altera FPGA Board
Ralf,
  I mean how can I connect the sensor to the FPGA board, how to connect
the pin on FPGA board? Thanks.
Laura

Ralf Hildebrandt E5%AFAB%E981%93EF%BC9A%

Re: About Altera FPGA Board

(I am not shure, if I understand you right.)
Most UP2 Education Boards are shipped with no pins at the FLEX_EXPAN_X
connectors. You have to solder some by yourself.

Ralf

Re: About Altera FPGA Board
Ralf,
  I want to know how can i connect this to PCB?
Laura

Ralf Hildebrandt E5%AFAB%E981%93EF%BC9A%

Re: About Altera FPGA Board

I again do not understand you well. If you just write one unclear
sentence there are a lot of possible alternatives.

Do you mean pin assignments from the FPGA to the I/O pins at
FLEX_EXPAN_X? Use your synthesis tool. There must be an option, that is
called "pin assignments" (or similar).
MaxPlus+ generates an acf-file, where you may edit the pin assignments
with a text editor. Or otherwise search the menu. There is always a
manual for the synthesis tool.

Ralf

Re: About Altera FPGA Board
i mean that pin assignments from the FPGA to the I/O pins at
FLEX_EXPAN_X.

Re: About Altera FPGA Board

You again don't tell us, what synthesis tool you use. Do you expect any
useful information about pin assignments without this information?

How to make pin assignments is described in the manual of your synthesis
tool. Often is is self-explaining - just search the menu of the GUI of
your synthesis tool.

Ralf

Site Timeline