ABEL help needed

Hi there

I like to realize a counter, which has an UP and DOWN (and others). I know, I need a clock for realizing asynchronious reset. UP and DOWN are triggered by user switches. But I just found a possiblity for realisation by using an extra Clock-Button - that's a pretty bad solution!

Can somebody help me and tell me what to change in my ABEL-Code, so I don't need the Clock-Button??

I use this code

MODULE unicnt

title '6 bit universal counter with parallel load' ; "constants X,C,Z = .X., .C., .Z. ;

"inputs D5..D0 pin ; "Data inputs, 4 bits wide clk pin ; "Clock input rst pin ; "Asynchronous reset cnten pin ; "Count enable ld pin ; "Load counter with input data value up pin ; "Up/Down selector: HIGH selects up down pin;

"outputs q5..q0 pin istype 'reg'; "Counter outputs

"sets data = [D5..D0]; "Data set count = [q5..q0]; "Counter set "mode equations MODE = [cnten,ld,up,down]; "Mode set composed of control pins. LOAD = (MODE == [ X , 1, X, X ]);"Various modes are defined by HOLD = (MODE == [ 0 , 0, X, X ]);"values applied to control pins. UP = (MODE == [ 1 , 0, 1, 0 ]);"Symbolic name may be defined as DOWN = (MODE == [ 1 , 0, 0, 1 ]);"a set equated to a value.

equations when LOAD then count := data "Load counter with data else when UP then count := count + 1 "Count up else when DOWN then count := count - 1 "Count down else when HOLD then count := count "Hold count else count := count; count.clk = clk; "Counter clock input count.ar = rst; "Counter reset input

END

Thanks

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Tim schrieb:

may be i not really understand what you want to do, but any action of your counter (except reset) can only take place, if there is an counter clock present. Therefore you need clock for LOAD too :-(

You could synchronize your input signal with a higher frequency clock or use asynchronous set and preset to load the counter

this line is redundant:

regards, Bertram

--
Bertram Geiger,  Graz - Austria