A stupid question about constraints

I have an FPGA board. I want to use ONLY one LED on the board. Is it enough to assign only one pin (the one to which is connected the desired LED) in the constraints file (ucf). What about the remaining >600 pins ? in which state will they be ?

If the question is too stupid give me please pointers to documentation !!! Mehdi

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUs™

:) Yes it should be enough. Rest of them should be in highZ

regards

Jerzy Gbur

Reply to
jerzy.gbur

Should I explicitly put them in highZ ? or is it done automatically by tools?

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUs™

"GaLaKtIkUsT" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

depends on the tools, usually you can select what state the unconnected IOs will be either pulldown, pullup or floating

antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats