A strange error during PAR process in EDK, could anyone in xilinx help me?

The device is v4fx60-ES. EDK and ISE versions are 9.1.02 and 9.1.03 seprately. The error message apears as follows:

Phase 7.5 Phase 7.5 (Checksum:42c1d79) REAL time: 1 mins 10 secs

Phase 8.8

.............. ........... DeleteInterpProc called with active evals

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way Please contact the application's support team for more information. ERROR:Xflow - Program par returned error code 3. Aborting flow execution...

make: *** [implementation/plb_pci.bit] Error 1

Reply to
Perry

It's a new one on me.

But often when PAR crashes for no good reason, re-running with a different cost table seed (-t 3 for example) gets past the problem.

- Brian

Reply to
Brian Drummond

I have tried with the option "-t 2", "-t 3", "-t 4", however, they didn't help. Maybe I have to contact with Xilinx support.

Reply to
Perry

Another thing to try is to delete all the generated files, sometimes something gets stuck there... If that doesn't help either just change something substantial in the synthesis and/or map and/or par options, e.g. toogle keep hierarchy switch or timing driven mapping, etc.. In most cases it "fixes" the problem.

/Mikhail

Reply to
MM

Apparently this problem is a known issue:

/Mikhail

Reply to
MM

Mikhail,

I have/had the same problem with multiple designs. Here are the problems/solutions that I have received from Xilinx about it:

1) Problem: The V4FX60 is a large part, therefore it requires more memory usage. Under Windows, it can run out of memory and crash. Solution: If you have a Linux development environment, you can try running the linux version of the tools and it should get past the problem. It did for me, but my design failed timing horribly (> 1,000,000 timing score).

1) Problem: If the system design has flaws (I was using EDK), i.e. un- connected necessary signals, missing constraints, etc. it can crash during PAR. Solution: Ensure the design is setup correctly.

BTW, the windows memory problem was supposedly fixed with ISE 9.2, but I don't have that in-house for testing yet.

HTH,

-- Mike

Reply to
morphiend