9bit vga with resistors.

Don't know if it fits here or not, but since I'm using a fpga I gues it does

I've got a spartan-3 starter board and got tired of the 8color outpu

from the standard vga connector So I hooked up som E12 series resistors (570, 1200 and 2200) to ge

9bits and 512 possible colors (not evenly spread, but cool anyway)

It works pretty ok except for some strange distortions in the images

The brighter colors fades out beyond the image, leaving a kind o motion blur (although it's not moving)

And having several white pixels in a row gets the first pixel whit

and the rest fades to grey Also at the left hand side of the image all of the colors are darke than on the right hand side

As you might have guessed, I'm a newbie when it comes to this h

stuff

Bad image quality, but I think you can see what I mean from thi

shot

Any help appreciated

((mic

Reply to
mice

Hey, I made the same mod to my board. Using 470,1k, and 2k2. I used some of the B1 port pins.

Another way to increase the colors output without modifying the board is to use dithering.

How is one to learn about alpha blending with only single bit color ?

Reply to
Robert Finch