Subject Author Posted Replies

Reference books on microprocessor design with VHDL
Hello, i follow the book Microprocessor design with VHDL by Enoch O.Hwang. I want some reference books and some web address on this topic.
1
1

ADC by using counter method on FPGA using VHDL language
Hello,i have some idea about vhdl.I want coding of ADC by using counter method on FPGA by using VHDL.. I know the some idea about this program the following process. a) first reset the counter b)the...
2
2

microprocessor design with vhdl
Hello,i have knowledge of basic vhdl and i have implement a few fundemental programs on digital circuits. Iam very new to FPGA.I want to experiment a complete details of microprocessor design with...

Patent Reform Town Hall Meeting (Balt/Washington Area IEEE Consultants Network)
Co-sponsored by IEEE NCA Consultants Network, Baltimore Consultants Network, Society on Social Implications of Technology, Baltimore and NoVA/Wash. Computer Society, and Region 2 PACE Committee...
105
105

FPGA development
Hello I am very new to FPGA's (background being ASIC design). I would like to map some designs onto FPGA's as a starting point. I want to experiment with the complete FPGA flow, starting with writing...
17
17

Peter Alfke has passed away
Those who've been on this newsgroup for any period of time will remember Peter Alfke, the Xilinx legend, and his infectious enthusiasm. He was a great help as I got into FPGA design 8 years ago, as I...
19
19

USB hangs on the Xilinx USB II Cable
The Xilinx USB II cable hangs on a regular basis. I've found that pulling the USB connector out and putting it back in isn't sufficient, the only way that I can get Chipscope to see it again is to...
2
2

Altera FPGA weirdness
Hi, We have a new board we just designed, and we're trying to fire up the first one. It has an Altera EP2AGX45DF29C5N on board; says so right on the label. When we hook up the JTAG USB Blaster pod and...
28
28

Synapticad BugHunter and VeriloggerExtreme
Greetings: They gave me a 6-mo eval license for those, which I will begin tinkering with in upcoming weeks. I have so far used only Icarus Verilog for sims, ever since Modelsim stopped being included...

Doulos training courses at Xilinx
Hi: While I'm very able to learn on my own, I feel that at my age and with so many people pulling at me every minute, that to assemble the hours of focussed attention to actually work through a...
9
9

Spartan changes in glitch sensitivity
Hello, all, I know this refers to graveyard parts, but we have reason to keep using them. Anyway, I made a new batch of motherboards that use a 5 V Spartan as the slot select control logic. I have...
16
16

Microblaze Resources such as BRAMS, LUTS
Hello all, I am a newbie in the FPGA stuff!.. I wanted to know some FPGA resource consumption by the microblaze but could not find some specific details such as how much BRAMS does it take (with...
2
2

high speed place and route about xilinx
Now I am troubled that I must wait several hours to compile large circuits,and the place and route result is different from each time,for example the p&r time for this time is may be 2hrs and may be 5...
3
3

Is it possible to use a remote desktop viewer on NIOS Linux
Hello , I am having a project where I need to take control of a pc or a smart phone which has a VNC server using FPGA so I need to run a client from the FPGA side . Is this possible ? My kit is the...

Xilinx EDK: XPS netlist combination error
Hello all, Does anyone know why I keep getting errors like this: " ERROR:EDK:708 - Can not get list of netlist files for core xps_fb_img_xform 1.01.a . The pcore has a pre-synthesized netlist...
2
2