Subject Author Posted Replies

Undriven outputs of a module in Quartus II Synthesis
I have a module which does not drive certain output ports for certain operation modes, and that simulates fine in Modelsim. How would Quartus II (or any other synthesis software) handle undriven...
9
9

virtex4 software reset problem.
HI I made a small amendment to a tutorial I found online "" (which worked fine), but it is not working as one could expect. Can anyone tell me why? Please see my C code area with asterisk to find the...

need coding
TITLE Implementation of CCSDS based Telemetry Encoder on FPGA OBJECTIVES Design and development of CCSDS based Telemetry Encoder on FPGA using VHDL, for satellite applications. OUTLINE The project...
26
26

Call for Papers :: ICETC2014 :: Poland
The International Conference on Education Technologies and Computers (ICETC 2014) September 22-24, 2014 Lodz University of Technology, Lodz, Poland The conference aims to enable researchers build...

in my xps implementaion elf file is not generated only the linker script is generated
these are my errors /cygdrive/c/Xilinx/12.1/ISE_DS/EDK/gnu/microblaze/nt/bin/../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.1.2/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/bin/ld: region ilmb_cntlr_dlmb_cntlr is full...
1
1

The USB FPGA?
I've been pondering... When it comes to attaching an FPGA to a PC, there are lots of options. First there's JTAG, then there's RS232, then there's ethernet, and PCIe. But there's an elephant in this...
16
16

Free alternatives to Xilinx iMPACT?
I have a Xilinx Platform Cable USB. With Xilinx iMPACT I can use it to program CPLDs. Is there a free alternative (preferably some command-line tool that works on Linux)? Philipp
6
6

Old Spartan-II demo board from Insight - seeking docs..
I have dug out an old board with Spartan-II XC2S100 chip and I could use it, if only I could get some documentation for it. It looks exactly like this: It has "Insight" and Xilinx logos on it and...
4
4

Lattice MICO32 won't generate?
Hi, I downloaded Lattice's MICO system for windows. It opens up Eclipse, where I can add processor and memory, make bus connections or open an example. But now I'm stuck: It won't generate. There's a...
1
1

Synthesis / PAR options mess up design functionality
Hi, I'm running into a problem with a memory controller design (mid-range FPGA, 76% utilization) and am wondering if anyone out there has seen synthesis / place-n-route options causing a design to...
3
3

Ethernet interfacing
Any one did ethernet interfacing in Xilinx Vertex 5.
2
2

unclear tcl error
Hi everyone, I must admit that I'm pretty new to tcl scripting so this error might be plain stupid but I've failed to understand it so far. I have a makefile (taken from the openrisc repo on and...
2
2

JTAG issues Cyclone V SoC
I am designing my own Altera Cyclone V SoM board. It is not intended to be a dev board. It will be a function module that also includes Analog Devices' SHARC DSPs. I am working on the JTAG connection...
3
3

Recovering verilog source file from build files.. possible?
My .v Verilog source files were in a separate folder to the IDE build directory, containing all the stuff generated in the build. Then I had a hard disk crash, and (long story) everything *except* the...

Cheap spec an using an RTL-SDR