Subject Author Posted Replies

OPB To Wishbone Bridge
Hi all, I am looking for an OPB to wishbone bridge to let OPB talk to my IP via wishbone in EDK. I have read some posts on OPB-> wishbone wrapper (available at Had a look at the wrapper, which raises...
5
5

combinatorial vs sequential
hi could you please explain wht is to be coded in combinatorial and wht to be coded in sequential. am bit confused Thanks and Regards lokesh

Running Xilinx 9.1 GUIs on FC6
I've been trying to launch ISE (9.1SP3) and I get this error FATAL_ERROR:Portability:Port_ExecLoaderInit.c:117:1.4 - The executable can't be found. The installation was not complete. Process will...
4
4

FPGA High speed Transceivers for source synchronus bus application
I would like to know if you have used the High speed FPGA Tranceivers for source synchronous bus application. In my application, I have 20 bit outgoing and 20 bit incoming bus. Is it possible to do...
2
2

Writing to BRAM using OPB
Hi all, I am trying to make a peripheral attached to the OPB bus. This peripheral has a BRAM block in it. The idea is to check how to read and write to the simple BRAM block and later add some logic...
2
2

Why 166Mhz DDR?
Hi, I was wondering how the number 166Mhz for DDR came up? Why not say... 200MHz/250MHz DDR? I am sure there is some thought process behind that, could someone help me walk through? Thanks in advance...
9
9

[xilinx] par [placer] consistency
Hi! I have a [MCU] core running at 50MHz which I use for generating patterns/reading status of some other logic, mapped on the same fpga (spartan3). I have noticed the timing after placement/routing...
6
6

Pin Count requirements with MICO32
Hallo, has anybody some pin count requirements for the Latticemico32? I know, it depends heavily on the choosen combination, so information to the configuration is welcome. CLB Requirements would also...
2
2

How many RAM words can I implement in my Xilinx FPGA?
I would like to make a dual-port RAM inside my FPGA... I am using a Spartan 3 1000K gate model... I know it takes a pretty good number of macrocells to do this but I don't quite know enough on the low...
3
3

ML506 Platform Flash
Hello Has anyone figured out how to program and configure from the Platform Flash on the ML506. I have spent a lot of quality time with the ML505/ML506 Getting Started Tutorial (ug348.pdf) without...
1
1

picoblaze C compiler download wanted
I was hoping to download Francesco Poderico's Picoblaze C compiler today, but unfortunately his domain is expired. Google didn't turn up any other sites from which I can download it; does anyone know...
14
14

SoC
Hi experts, I want to persue my PhD in SoC , would you tell me best institutes or research goroups in Europe in this area. Thanks, Baig
1
1

Order of the synchronous operations
Consider the very simple VHDL code at the end of the message. For each clock cycle two operations are done: 1) A counter is incremented; 2) The bit 0 of the counter is checked. If it's '0', an output...
20
20

Simulating LogicCores with Webpack
Is it possible to simulate logic cores with WebPack? I'm using Webpack 9.1.03i. First I tried the ISE Simulator, then the free ModelSIM XE/III Starter, and failed with both. OTOH, I'm not sure that I...

JTAG ID code 0xFFFFFFFF
Hi, I need some help with my Altera Dev Kit (STRATIX DSP S80 Development Board Rev 1.2). I no longer seem to be able to program my device. It was working properly until I started getting the following...
3
3