Subject Author Posted Replies

can JTAG port of CPLD gets damaged?
i am using altera quartus 2 tool to programme it through byte blaster cable. I have installed drivers for the connections intact. i am getting error as "Unable to scan device." My assusmption was may...
2
2

too brief documentation?
Currently using this board. however I kind of feel that the documentation in using the board is abit too brief For example, I do not know how to set the clock frequency based on the PLL set switches....

Avnet Virtex-4 LX25 Evaluation Kit
Hello, Is thery anyone who has worked with Avnet Virtex-4 LX25 evaluation board. I am trying to communicate with the board through the provide USB interface in the form of Cypress USB Fx2 chip. The...

Avnet Virtex-4 LX Evaluation Kit USB FX2 Issue
Hello, I have recently bought a Virtex-4 LX25 evaluation board from Avnet. It has Cypress FX2 chip for USB 2.0 communication support. The generic USB driver provided by Cypress is of no use to me....
2
2

Cyclone II can't enter in configuration mode with EPCS1.
HI everybody, I am trying to configure a cyclone II with EPCS1 boot loader. the EPCS1 program perfectly with quartus and byteblaster II cable. But when at the nstatus pin on the FPGA, it's like it's...

Cyclone II can't enter configuration mode with EPCS1 active serial.
Hi I would like to ask you guys about a cyclone II power-up problems. I read all datasheets from altera concerning all the steps to enter finally in USER mode with the FPGA properly configured. I have...

seeking insights for potential reconfigurable computing application platforms
I am currently working on a NASA program focused on the development of Radiation-Hardened Electronics for Space Environments (RHESE). One portion of the sub-project I am working in support of is aimed...
8
8

Mutiple MAC on OPB Bus
Hi, Is there any constraint regarding the number of Ethernet MAC that you can place on the OPB Bus? I have attempting to put 2 MACs on the Bus, but as soon as a instantiate the second MAC and attempt...
3
3

CML output swing for V5
As per my understanding, Virtex5 GTP output supports CML standard. May I know the Common mode voltage and differential voltage from the Xilinx FPGA? Test01
4
4

NIOS2 GNU tools under Windows Vista
Anyone have tried to run NIOS2 tools chain (especially gcc) under Windows Vista ? If I try I get the "fork_copy" error on some "C" modules. Any idea ? Best regards /Alessandro

Unable to scan JTAG chain
I am using max 7000s series cpld.i am using altera byte blaster cable. i am getting error as "unable to scan device chain .cann't scan jtag chain". what is meaning of this error? what i need to do,to...
2
2

how to delay a signal in virtex FPGA
Hi all, I've to delay a signal without using clock. So I want to use propagation time across logic functions like AND but, when I will synthetize my design, ISE will symplify and remove all my AND...
12
12

clock wide pulse transfer b/w clock domains
Hi, Please suggest me how to transfer a single clockwide pulse from high frequency clock domain and create a single clockwide pulse in a slow clock domain? What are different methods available? Thanks...
13
13

Global ressource problem
Hi i'm developping an architecture using Libero and Actel FPGA, i had a problem with global ressources, i had 8 global ressources and the FPGA contains only 6, is there any way to oblige the compiler...
4
4

SERDES question (Lattice ispHSI)
Hi! I need to design a simple serializer/deserializer as part of my bigger experimental project. I've started with reading various application notes from Lattice, Xilinx and Altera, as I don't feel...
2
2