19 minutes to Life

A 30-something female describes the deception of the enemy in thinking Heaven is attainable by works or morals. It isn't. You must be born again.

"I'll be honest, I thought I was good enough for Heaven"

The video is 19 minutes to teach you about eternal life.

Best regards, Rick C. Hodgin

Reply to
Rick C. Hodgin

Next time, for there will be a next time, please put "Jesus" in the post's subject.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

What I do is simply create a rule where everything containing "Rick C. Hodgin" is automatically deleted.

Plain simple and very effective. (I will even not see this message or any followup on it :-) ).

Kr.

Reply to
kristoff

My filter is "Jesus", since (unlike Hodgin-Jekyll) Hodgin-Hyde occasionally posts relevant topics, and I hate ignoring contrary ideas and opinions.

But Hodgin-Jekyll has indeed run out of latitude.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Find the most devout Christian co-worker, classmate, or family member, and go to church with them. Tell the people there your skepticism, ask questions, and let them answer them one by one.

You'll learn new things about Jesus Christ you didn't know, and they'll correct misunderstandings so you can have real facts to make informed decisions.

Best regards, Rick C. Hodgin

Reply to
Rick C. Hodgin

I don't mind blocking Rick Hodgin's posts. The ratio of informative posts to Jesus posts is pretty low and even then they aren't so much informative as asking odd questions. All in all, I can't see a downside to blocking his posts.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Which probably means you won't reply to a post along the lines of "OMFG JESUS! My FPGA project does not compile, what might be the problem?" ;-)

Gene

Reply to
Evgeny Filatov

Somewhat reluctantly, I find it difficult to disagree with that.

But it does go against my principle of trying to learn from people that have contrary opinions. (I wish some people on s.e.d. would also do that, sigh)

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Just so. That's one reason for my dislike of wide filters. (The other is that I like to learn from people with contrary opinions).

OTOH the specific subject you mention is unlikely to be enlightening :)

Reply to
Tom Gardner

If anyone wants to block me and send me their email address, I can email you whenever I post something that's on the FPGA topic and give you the Google Groups link so you can read it.

I have interests in FPGA and will be in learning mode throughout most of

2017 (James 4:15 ... "Lord willing"), with an intention to start doing serious development on my CPU in the latter half of 2018 through 2021. However, if I'm able to get my CAlive compiler completed, I may go ahead and skip the traditional FPGA toolsets and work on creating the CAlive source code model I'm desiring, which will auto-translate to Verilog and run through traditional tools using a small subset of the language.

That's the plan anyway. We'll see what life throws at me.

----- FWIW, I urge each of you to read what I've written about Jesus Christ. I don't post it for nothing. I'm not a troll trying to generate some type of responses. I care about people and this world will not teach you the truth about Jesus Christ, or what it means to be a disciple. If the true disciples of Jesus Christ do not speak up and voice His correct plans and purposes for people, then people who would never visit a church or a group like alt.religion won't be given the active opportunity to know the truth, and they will perish in their ignorance. That reality means something to me, so I risk the ridicule and scorn to come here and try and teach the people who happen to also be in my personal spheres of interest (C, C++, assembly, hardware architecture, FPGA programming, and OS development, as I'm trying to create a full hardware and software stack from motherboards, cpus, memory, periphery devices, up through os and into apps, so that people can have an offering which comes from a God-fearing organization, one that expressly and explicitly acknowledges and honors God directly and in the forefront, instead of an entity like Apple, Microsoft, or even open source endeavors like Linux, whose main contributors are not only not Christians, but overtly blaspheming people ... I want the things we use to come from something better than that, hence these efforts and interests).

Best regards, Rick C. Hodgin

Reply to
Rick C. Hodgin

Thank you for the offer, but since you already /deliberately/ choose to confuse several electronics groups with religious proselytising groups, I'm not inclined to trust you with a real email address.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

You'll learn something about my sincerity and character. If you have a Gmail account, you can setup alternate identities and send me one of those so that the ONLY person who would ever email you to that account would be me. You can auto-direct it to a "Rick C. Hodgin Beware" :-) folder so that if you don't want to read my posts anymore, just auto- delete them, or terminate the alternate identity account.

I realize your trepidation because there are so many legitimate trolls in the online world. I am not one of them. My desire to teach people about Jesus Christ is real. He changed my life in 2004, and I now know those things I couldn't know before. It took me pursuing the truth with an honest effort, and in so doing I was saved. Because I'm saved, I now know what it means to be saved, and lost. I know what the future holds for those who are saved and lost. And it is worth my time and effort to post these teachings so that people who would not otherwise go to church or visit a group like alt.religion would have the same opportunity I did to hear the truth, so that the truth might also make them free.

Bottom line: I care about you, Tom, and about people in general. I teach the things of Jesus Christ purposefully, deliberately, and with an ongoing focus to give the people of this world the correct information about Him, because there is an active enemy at work in this world who only seeks to soil and muddy Him, to make Him look undesirable for those who would only give a casual glance in His direction, see some kind of heinous thing and conclude: Nope, not for me!

He is deeper than the actions of sinful men doing wrong things in His name, and I would teach all people that.

With regards to your email, I have given you my word publicly. You will have opportunity to bear witness unto everyone as to whether or not I kept my word, as a testimony to my character in honoring what I've stated.

And, FWIW, I would prefer you do not block me and instead take the time to read what I've posted about Jesus Christ. It is important. But, I also know that not everybody will. It's not my job to try to force people to believe, but only to accurately and rightly speak the truth, teaching all who have an ear to hear (which comes from within, not from without, by the way).

It's my offer to you, Tom, and to everyone else. It's on the table.

Best regards, Rick C. Hodgin

Reply to
Rick C. Hodgin