16-bit DDR memory controller in EDK

Hi, I need to know is it possible to have a 16-bit PLB DDR memory controller in EDK 8.x for a custom made board. So far what I have seen is EDK supports 32 and 64-bits PLB DDR controller for third party base systems. Has anyone tried to port Linux 2.4.x successfully on PPC running on Virtex 4? Any issues.......

Farhan

Reply to
sheikh.m.farhan

I'm pretty sure that a 16-bit DDR interface has to go on OPB, PLB won't support it.

I have Linux 2.6 running on my V4 right now. Linux is the easy part. Getting all you peripherals and drivers work is the time consuming part.

If you want a pre-rolled solution see Monta Vista. But there are plenty of do it yourself info on the web.

-Clark

Reply to
cpope

Hi Clark, Thanks for the reply. I did contact the Xilinx guys on this as well, and they confirmed that EDK does support 16-bit DDR memory Controller for the PLB. Do you have any links which can get me going with Linux 2.6.x porting onto PPC quickly? Monta Vista is not my requirement at the moment.

Do reply...........

Thanks Farhan

cp> > Hi,

Reply to
sheikh.m.farhan

Pretty much just google linux + xilinx, but here's one site:

-Clark

Getting

of

Reply to
cpope

Farhan,

PLB_DDR in EDK 8.2 supports x16 DDR. I have tried it in Virtex4 Mini Module and it works OK. If you need a uCLinux made for PPC let me know.

Cheers,

Guru

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Guru

That would be wonderful........ucLinux for PPC

thanks for clarifying about EDk8.2...........

Any ideas on porting Linux 2.6.18 on PPC for Virtex 4?

Farhan

Guru wrote:

Reply to
sheikh.m.farhan