1.2V

Hi

Does anyone know the cheapest way to generate the 1.2V needed for spartan3. All the linear regs that say they go down to 1.2 have a vref that is 1.2 to 1.3V. All I can think is that the leakage on the adj pin when it is grounded makes some difference or that 1.2 is the marketing b*ll.

Colin

Reply to
colin

Do you not believe that the linear regulators that supply sub-1.245V are producing the results you see in the data sheet graphs?

After a 12 second search, the $0.19 National LMS5258 is limited to 150mA (you didn't specify your current needs or your Spartan-3 size) but has full documentation on current versus voltage. You should be able to find many devices out there that fit your needs, whatever they may happen to be.

Reply to
John_H

Hi. I've used the ONSEMI's NCP565D2T to generate 1.2V for Spartan-3. It has the 0.9V Vref and costs $0.457. Good luck.

Reply to
Aleco31