WTB: Focus Potentiometer for Sencore SC3100

Have a Sencore SC3100 with a broken focus potentiometer. It is not a circuit board problem as the pot is in pieces and needs to be replaced. Needless to say the scope is about useless without this part functioning. Can anyone tell me where to get this part or what the specifications are for it? Numbers on the casing of the pot are 15A77 0050. Multiple searches have turned up nothing. Thank you for your time.

Reply to
chaneman

I think it's a 15K Linear pot ..based on the numbers. Not sure though. Usually the first number and a letter say how many K's it is and if it's a Lin or Log pot. Old markings standard suggests that "A" means linear. The rest is like some manufacturers internal protocol markings or something.

Maybe there are some potentiometer marking standards out there that deal with those specific numbers? I'm just guessing here.

Try reading values from the other good potentiometers and see what they read out on the multimeter and see if they have similar markings. And compare if there are any matches between multimeter readings and markings :)

Reply to
Alex

Also you could try guessing the value with the decade resistor box .. going from high values gradually reducing to lower values until you focus on the scope.

Reply to
Alex

You replied to a message that is over three years old.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I'm aware of that.

Reply to
Alex

Do you think the OP is still waiting for an answer?