Vintage HP power cords needed.

I am looking for some vintage AC power cords for older HP test equipment. I have a number of pieces of test equipment, and only one power cord. The only marking on it is "Electricord". It is a three conductor cord that uses three round female sockets on the end that terminates at the equipment, and is similar to the old power cords that were found on coffee pots and such (but with one more pin in the center offset from the other two - a ground, I suppose). I believe it is typical of HP equipment made in the 1960's to have these, such as the HP745A AC calibrator, among others. Does anyone know where I might find some of these, or perhaps know what the original HP part # is? (I know that I could hard-wire a standard line cord to these units, but would much rather have the proper cords.)

Thanks!

Reply to
JW

If they are the same ones used on old electromechanical Victor and Burroughs adding machines, I have those in stock. Send e-mail to snipped-for-privacy@evansville.net .

Lee Richardson Evansville, Indiana

Reply to
Lee Richardson

Be aware that there are two different pinouts on these cables.

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Good morning. On these, when looking at the hole end with the center hole towards the top, left hole is hot (black wire), center hole is grounding (green wire), and the right hole is grounded or neutral (white wire).

Thanks, Lee Richardson Mech-Tech

Reply to
Lee Richardson

Hello Lee,

Jeez, I don't know. Do they look like this?:

Also, is the center conductor ground, or can it be re-wired if not? (Not molded)

How many do you have and how much are you asking for them?

Thanks!

Reply to
JW

Hello Michael,

Thanks for the info. Perhaps they can be rewired, or if it comes to that, I suppose the male ends can be cut off and rewired.

I should probably also mention that the width and length at the end of the thing is 15/16" x 1/2".

Thanks again.

Reply to
JW

Good morning. That looks like it, except these are gray. In your picture, the hole on the left would be grounded or neutral (white wire), the lower hole in the center would be grounding (green wire) and the hole on the right would be hot (black wire).

These are factory molded on both ends, you cannot get to the wires without cutting.

Thanks, Lee Richardson

Reply to
Lee Richardson

Good morning. That is what these measure. If by chance they would not fit, or are wired wrong for your application, I would gladly take them back, including the original shipping or postage. The office machines using these cords were made in the late '50s or early '60s, and used on up until the early to mid '70s when the 3 slot IEC type became more popular.

Thanks, Lee

n.

Reply to
Lee Richardson

Fuckoff

Reply to
Eeyore

Hello Lee,

They sound good! How many do you have for sale, and what would the cost be?

Thanks again!

Reply to
JW

No. ESAD screaming, pinhead.

Reply to
JW

These may even still be made by Belden; they were just a few years ago.

Just be glad you're not looking for a cord for a Wollensak tape recorder. It is very similar-looking but not actually the same as these...

Reply to
mc

The last time I looked for these they were available in office supply stores.

Reply to
doug

Let me make this clear.

FUCK OFF

Power cords do not influence sound. Anone who thinks so is a RETARDED 'know-nothing' FUCKWIT.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Good afternoon. I have replied to your e-mail.

Thanks, Lee Richardson Mech-Tech

Reply to
Lee Richardson

SOUND??? WTF have you been smoking? Perhaps you need to go back and re-read the thread, thimble wit?

Reply to
JW

What? I agree that power cords don't infulence sound, but nobody said anything about sound or even performance. He has equipment with non IEC connectors on it and doesn't want to have to solder a power cable on it. Read the OP.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

There was a discussion here (sci.electronics.equipment) several years ago that included the Belden part numbers.

Looks like I saved it. Here's the highpoints (minus the flamewar).

sci.electronics.equipment,misc.industry.electronics.marketplace,rec.radio.swap

sci.electronics.equipment,misc.industry.electronics.marketplace,rec.radio.swap

sci.electronics.equipment,misc.industry.electronics.marketplace,rec.radio.swap

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier

Ah, you must understand, He's one of those undesirables that his country folk would love to lock up and throw the key away..

Real Programmers Do things like this.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jamie

This probably isn't up to code, but for my function generator I cut the end off another cord and crimped yellow (12ga?) but splices to it. Slightly crimping the other end made a socket that nicely fits the pins.

Looks ugly, but works.

Reply to
Shawn D'Alimonte