Tektronics Geremanium Tunnel Diodes.

While sorting some boxes of old junk I found a resealable plastic bag full of tiny paper envelopes, a couple of which had Tektronix brand labels.

One envelope was marked: Tektronix 152-0177-00 Germanium tunnel diode, the others were: 152-0434-00 and 152-0465-00

Anyone know if its possible to find info on these parts? I've tried putting "152-0177-00" into google, there was only 2 pages of hits and no data that I could find.

TIA.

Reply to
ian field

Those are hard to find, IIRC they're used in the trigger circuit of many older Tek scopes.

Reply to
James Sweet

My 465 uses a couple of tunnel diodes - maybe I should keep the spares safe just in case.

For some time I've been trying to find a "round tuit" to build a dip meter, with a couple of tunnel diodes in the parts drawer a tunnel dipper becomes a possibility.

Reply to
ian field

152-0177-00 10maTD

Germanium tunnel diode, the

152-0434-00 in the snapoff section of the "don't you dare use this

in a new design section" , no info available

and 152-0465-00 says it's a quad, no info available

--
Return address is VALID!
Reply to

Thanks - the 10mA info is useful

One of the envelopes was marked "quad - do not seperate".

Reply to
ian field

There's a little TD stuff on this site:

Maybe the authors of the page have more. Also check with:

Steve.

--
Steven D. Swift, novatech@eskimo.com, http://www.novatech-instr.com
NOVATECH INSTRUMENTS, INC.      P.O. Box 55997