source for switching dc-dc step down converter?

I'm looking for a 12v to 7.2V (8v ok), 3A dc-dc converter - end product. I don't mind soldering on input/output cables but want to minimize the time modifying/building it.

The usage - have a camera flash's external power pack that has a 6x NiCd battery pack that is aging. I want to power this unit with cheap and large capacity 12V SLA battery. Why 12V? They are easy to find and cheap, and I already have smart charger for 12V SLA. An in an emergency, I can yank the battery from my motorcycle.

I would like to get a switching converter, meaning higher than 90% efficiency and not much generated heat.

Could someone point me to a good online store to buy this kind of stuff?

I've been using google/froogle to look but has not found many relavent hits.

Reply to
peter

6V sla batteries are cheap too. Do you really need a "smart" charger for a SLA? mike
--
Return address is VALID!
Bunch-O-Stuff Forsale Here: