rf signal generator pll

What I;m doing now is doing test of a rf signal generator.

When I turned it on, it showed Uncal warning and generated no rf signal.

Meaning of error code was that PLL is unlocked.

I'm ,however, newcomer to RF generator world.

.. What does "PLL unlocked " means for RF signal generator.

The model I'm doing test is

fluek 6060 B

Reply to
sperelat

PLL = Phase Lock Loop

Check here for service manual:

Also check e-bay.

If error is related to the phase loop, it can be in the forward gain stage or anything related to the feed-back loop. Oftentimes, this happens when someone tries to feed power into the RF OUTPUT and damages it. The forward gain-block is the next most common fault.

Good luck, Wayne-

Reply to
Wayne P. Muckleroy