RDL NTS-1000 phase noise testers

Hi, I am looking for any information to help maintain and service the
RDL/Aeroflex NTS-1000A or the NTS-1000B phase noise analyzers. There was
never a factory service manual produced for either instrument. The operating
manual has only a cursory and very much simplified block diagram. Somewhere,
someone must have engineering drawings, copies of schematics, personal notes,
or something related to the detailed internal design of these units. I own
two of the NTS-1000B units, both in very good condition, that I'd like to
keep in service for some time. I am very much hoping to find someone who has
worked at RDL in Conshohocken, PA. I am willing to pay for any assistance,
or for copies of relevant and useful information. Aeroflex in Wichita has
now ceased all support for the RDL product line.

I also would like information on any of the companion DCR series low noise
down-converters, especially the DCR-14000A.

Thank you.

Re: RDL NTS-1000 phase noise testers
Have you had any luck obtaining info on NTS-1000B?
I have the DCR-14000A user manual in paper format, but
nothing on NTS-1000B.

Re: RDL NTS-1000 phase noise testers

I would like to get a copy of DCR-14000A

Re: RDL NTS-1000 phase noise testers
responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/equipment/rdl-nts-1000-phase-noise-testers-30923-.htm

Hi.
We just bought a NTS-1000B and a DCR-2500A, but it difficult to find  user
manuals. Could you please send me a copy of the operation manual(PDF) for
DCR-14000A as well? My e-mail address: snipped-for-privacy@foxmail.com.
sincere thanks to you
Paul

Re: RDL NTS-1000 phase noise testers
Hi, sorry for the delay in answering.
I have only factory manuals for both instruments.
I can scan and send you a copy of the NTS-1000B operating manual.
I have no detailed factory information useful to support these units.
I have inspected and drawn up detailed block diagrams for each.
At least, as much as possible, since the NTS-1000 gets rather difficult.
I can send you copies as PDFs if you wish.
I have thrown a pretty large net looking for info on these machines and have mostly come up empty.
It is a shame to let these useful units die off simply to due neglect.

Re: RDL NTS-1000 phase noise testers

I'm also interested in those PDFs. Please send if not too difficult.

Re: RDL NTS-1000 phase noise testers

?:
ote:
.
 have mostly come up empty.

Did you get this manual?  I am extremely interested in a pdf of it.
thank you very much
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Re: RDL NTS-1000 phase noise testers
Hi I just bought a NTS-1000B. Can you send me a copy of the operation manua
l as well ? (PDF) I ask myself if there was a programing manual for this, s
ince it has a GPIB conector, or is this part of the user manual

thank you
Bernd

ave mostly come up empty.

RDL NTS-1000 phase noise testers
I was the designer of the NTS-1000 in 1994,and just came across this post. Glad to see that people are still using these. I don't have the original drawings but could possibly answer any questions.

Site Timeline