Power meter with 10-20 measurements/sec - do such things exist?

Hi I need a digital power meter (preferably) with clamp jaw, measuring AC power of

2-15 kW / 220 V, single phase, at a rate of no less than 10 times / sec (ideally - 20 times). It should connect to PC. All devices i've seen measure at most 2 times / sec. I even bought a protek 307 which measures 14 times/sec as manual says, but still it transfers data to PC only 2 times/sec. I need to monitor with high time resolution power consumption of a motor on a grinding machine during a work cycle of 2 - 3 seconds. Accuracy is not an issue at all. Any suggestions?
Reply to
Dmitry Anikin

Dranetz? Or Tektronix digital storage oscilloscope with current probe, that will do it for sure. If you really need power, you can probably get one of their scopes to do the instantaneous real power conversion with their math function.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Hello Dimitri,

You could do this with an oscilloscope from TiePie engineering (

), a Dutch company manufacturing many different PC-based oscilloscopes.

I think you will find the Handyscope HS3, HS4 and HS4 DIFF interesting. See:

. These are 2 and 4 channel USB oscilloscopes.

When you use one of the channels to measure the voltage and an other channel to measure to measure the current with a current probe, you can multiply the two measurements to get the power. You can do this with the TiePie Multi Channel software that comes with the instruments. You can record this power measurement directly to disk or collect up to 20 million samples on screen.

All of the above instruments are capable of performing 10000 samples per samples per second, so your 20 times per second is easily possible.

Best regards,

Marthein

"Dmitry Anikin" schreef in bericht news:45a7a3d2$0$1101$ snipped-for-privacy@reader.greatnowhere.com...

Reply to