NTSC TV tuner for surplus PC CRT monitor

Hi, everyone. Is there an affordable TV tuner out there that receives off-air (antenna) or cable TV and produces a good TV picture on a regular PC monitor with only the video display connector (no PC required, of course.) Picture need not be HD - just ordinary NTSC would be fine. Reason: I would like to utilize a spare 17 inch IBM hi-resolutuion PC monitor (with, IIRC, up to 70 Hz vertical scan, 1280 x 1024 pixels and 0.24 mm dot size) as decent a basement TV since it's resale value for the office is close to zero. Feel free to email me at "analogdino attaboy rogers dotty as they come com" (suitably decoded - the visible address is an anti-span fake.) Thanks for all replies. Cheers, Roger

Reply to
Engineer

No.

Reply to
PeterD

Actually there are. If you consider $39 affordable.

A Google for NTSC to VGA led to this one.

Mike

I've had a lot of bad things in my life most of which never happened.

Reply to
Mike

I have bought a few off of ebay. I dont own this model but heres an ebay search for you.

GMAN