Newbie flat screen monitor question

My old computer monitor was tube based, and on my graphics card I set the refresh rate as high as possible because that produced a less flickery image.

My new monitor is flat screen LCD, and my graphics card reports that it only supports 60hz refresh rate. This seems unusually low, but is this perfectly normal for this type of monitor?

Thanks, regards, dnw.

Reply to
Dot Net Developer

Charles Schuler

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@n76g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...

Thanks.

Reply to
Dot Net Developer

Just as an aside to the original question, it is possible to get into a situation where you cannot see the display as the monitor refuses to display faster refresh rate signals (Xerox 22" in my own case) and you need to use a CRT screen to be able to set the rates before returning to the TFT/LCD unit.

Some DOS setups are similarly problematical.

Peter

Peter A Forbes