Need advice on Logic Analyzer and Oscilloscope

Greetings, I am about to set up a personal lab for a few projects I have in mind. I need some advice about a decent and affordable logic analyzer and an oscilloscope. Also, there seems to be some pc based anaylzers. I have not worked with those before, any input on performance or any other issues? Any insights greatly appreciated.

Best, A

Reply to
amerdsp

I've had a LogicPort USB analyzer for about a year and have been very happy with it. Vendor at

and also available through

The serial and SPI interpreters are quite handy (haven't tried the I2C one yet).

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

There was a article in Nuts & Volts magazine back in 2004 on the selection of a PC based/USB logic analyzer. The magazine doens't put articles online, but there is a draft of the article here:

AntiSPAM_g9u5dd43